We at Footsteps to Freedom have a range of services that we offer to our clients as we seek to assist and support you through the various facets of your life and your unique and individual challenges. Our range of services can be tailored to meet your individual needs so that you are able to engage with a range of holistic services. If you are seeking support or therapy not included below please contact us and we are happy to advise if we are able to offer you the assistance you require.
We provide a comprehensive list of services:
We understand that it is easy in today’s world to get lost in all of the forms, words and systems that we need to navigate when in times of difficulty or challenge.
We are here to help you work your way through a variety of these different areas of life. We hope to assist you in understanding your rights and walk with you on your journey. We seek social justice as a part of our work and will provide appropriate and professional support for you.
We are able to liaise with other professional services if required. This may alleviate some of concerns you may feel in speaking with agencies and organisations.
- Liaising with agencies, other professionals and departments
- Assist in understanding professional jargon
- Assist you in understanding your rights
- Social Justice
We appreciate that matters involving children can be stressful and have negative impacts during your time of involvement. You may not understand the processes or what is being discussed with you.
When you are faced with child safety involvement with your family it can be concerning. We may be able to assist you by liaising with the department as a support in your meetings and dealings.
It may be of assistance to have us work with your legal team and/or the department in conjunction with, and to support you.
- Liaise and attend meetings a support person (or as required)
- Liaise with your legal team and/or the department (as required)
- Provide motivational and emotional supports during this time (as required)
As human beings, we are social beings and we all want positive relationships within our lives. At different times in our lives building relationships or maintaining relationships can become difficult and challenging.
We hope to work with couples, families, children and individuals to assist with their relationships. We hope to empower clients to be able to identify their strengths and work towards their goals and towards building healthy relationships. Areas that can impact on our relationships include (but are not limited to):
- Grief and loss
- We all experience grief and loss at some stage in our life journey. Grief and loss are experienced with the loss of a loved one, loss of a job, loss of a pet, or the breakdown of relationships. During this time of grief and loss we may need understanding and support to move through our thoughts and feelings.
- Trauma is an emotional response to a significant event or experience such as an accident, natural disaster, abuse and/or neglect. Short-term and/or immediate impacts include: denial or shock. Long term impacts can include: flashbacks, behaviours and/or emotional issues that lead to relationship issues.
- We will work in a collaborative manner to assist in building and maintaining positive relationships
- We can identify strengths of the individual, and
- We can work on strategies and/or techniques to assist in building healthy relationships
Domestic and Family violence is a known social issue that has many personal and emotional impacts. If you are involved in matters of Domestic or Family violence (DFV), it may be of assistance and reassuring to you that you are able to speak with us.
DFV may cause significant trauma for the victims whether that is an adult or child/ren. We offer group, family and individual support and therapy for victims including children. We can provide a safe environment to share stories and ensure that they feel supported.
We seek to strengthen parent/child relationships with strategies and education to re-establish normal, healthy relationships and reduce the negative impacts that intrude on families who have left DFV situations.
- Understanding the impacts of the experience of DFV
- Safety to share your story and lived experiences
- Assist in strengthening parent/child relationships that have been impacted by DFV
The NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) is the new way of providing support for people with disability, their families and carers. It provides all Australians under the age of 65, who have a permanent and significant disability with the reasonable and necessary support that they need to enjoy an ordinary life.
We are registered to work with Therapeutic Supports.
- Counselling/Therapy to assist clients and carers to understand and manage situations and behaviours.
- To assist with relationships associated with the individuals need for care.
We understand that due to the stressors and impacts within our society that can take their toll on everyone. We understand that sometimes people have mental health issues that require short term supports.
However, we acknowledge that some people experience ongoing and long term mental health issues that will require long term understanding and support.We hope to provide client focused support to assist our clients to achieve the best outcomes with respect for their individual circumstances.
We offer confidential external supervision to students and professionals who may require additional supervision with a professional outside of their own work environment.
External supervision provides an opportunity for people to have a safe capacity to reflect on their professional practice.
External supervision provides an environment for people to identify and explore achievements, issues or challenges that may arise during work practices.
- Individual Supervision
- Group Supervision
- Supervision tailored to meet the needs of the Individual
Due to our own cultural heritage, we are able to offer cultural supervision and appropriate cultural work practices within a professional context. It is important to ensure culturally appropriate work practices are engaged within work environments.
Understanding of appropriate practices is for important for students, professionals or culturally aware work environments to maintain the best practice.
- Understanding of cultural appropriate practices
- Appropriate for culturally aware work environments to maintain best practice
As our own cultural heritage is important to us – we seek to provide a culturally appropriate and respectful practice.
We seek to support and understand a diverse range of clients and will attempt to understand their cultural needs.
We can provide positive support for families who are engaged in the DFV, Child Protection and Family court process by providing ongoing and individual/family motivation and support.
It may be of assistance to have us work with your legal team and/or the department in conjunction with, and to support, you in relation to these matters.
We can support individuals or family members either during or after the court or systems process which may alleviate stressors and mental health concerns or issues in relation to the daunting processes families may be presented with.
We have a passion to provide professional support, motivation, training and education in a range of areas to support:
- Parent, Guardians, Care-givers
We have skills and knowledge to provide professional education and training to:
- Support Workers
- Community Members
We will offer education and training in relation with a supporting document of attendance:
- Parenting Issues
- Communication techniques for parents/carers and children
- Other areas tailored to your needs
We are able to offer assessments for our clients including:
- Mental Health
- At Risk
- Other assessments as requested or required
We are able to complete and provide comprehensive professional assessments and reports for you as requested or required. These assessments may assist your Footsteps to Freedom practitioner to provide the best service for you.